Premier Nutrition has launched an improved fresh cow recovery drink, containing a complete package of critical nutrients to support the cow’s needs and quickly get her drinking, eating, and milking.
Under the brand name of Restart, the newly formulated all-in-one rehydration drink tackles many aspects:
- One dose provides 21% of the cow’s critical daily calcium requirement in a super-soluble, quick release form
- It contains sugars for a rapidly available energy to boost the cow after the stresses of calving
- The combination package of choline and B-vitamins aid liver function and ensure dietary nutrients are used efficiently
- The high-quality mineral pack quickly returns the cow’s mineral status to normal in preparation for the next phase of milk production
- Yeast components kickstart the rumen so she eats quicker to support milk production
- The powerful blend of antioxidants supports the immune system
Restart is available in a 15kg tub. Each drink requires 1kg of powder, stirred into 5 litres of hot (65ºC) water, then topped up to 15-20 litres with cool water. It should be offered within 10-20 minutes of calving for maximum benefit but can be used up to 2 hours post-calving to aid recovery.
The reformulated and improved Restart product replaces the company’s Freshstart rehydration drink and is available immediately by contacting Premier Nutrition on 01889 572500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.